These days, kids can’t wait to grow up. What better way to make them feel like adults than to allow them to have a temporary tattoo. In this article, we’re going to explore temporary tattoo application and design.
Applying Temporary Tattoo Stickers to Children
The greatest thing about the temporary tattoos is that they are temporary! This means that you can change them up to match your mood, your outfit, or even your schedule. There are a few things you can do to ensure that the tattoo goes on smoothly and is easy to remove. The following are some tips that will make you a temporary tattoo professional.
- Start by choosing (or allowing your child to choose) the tattoo that they want
- If it is part of a larger sheet, take the time to carefully cut it out- as close to the artwork as possible.
- Get a washrag and run get it wet so that it’s damp, but not dripping wet.
- Select the area where the tattoo will be applied. You should avoid places where the skin stretches or sweats excessively, or areas where there is a lot of hair.
- Before applying the tattoo, make sure that the skin is free of makeup, free of oils, is completely clean and dried well.
- Remove the clear protective sheet from the top of the tattoo and position it on the skin.
- Press firmly onto the skin and hold the damp cloth against the back of it, pressing down.
- Take time to dab the washrag against the back of the tattoo to ensure that the paper becomes saturated. Do this for a full 30 seconds- don’t rush.
- Gently peel off the paper backing by grasping one corner first and very slowly peeling the paper away from your skin. Allow to dry completely.
Now that the temporary tattoo has been applied, your school kid can go show it off to his/her friends.
Removing Temporary Tattoos
Keep in mind that the better quality temporary tattoos will withstand regular soap and water- as long as you don’t scrub too hard. However, they do have removal options when you’re ready to move on to something else. Depending upon the length of time the tattoo has been on, there are two options for removal.
- Six Hours or Longer: you need baby oil, hand sanitizer, or rubbing alcohol.
- Saturate the cotton ball with the oil, sanitizer, or alcohol.
- Wait 10 seconds and then gently rub the cotton ball across the tattoo.
- Rinse with water
- Less than Six Hours: these can be removed by using several pieces of tape to lift it off the skin.
- Apply a piece of tape to the tattoo.
- Press down firmly, then lift up.
- Keep doing this until the tattoo stickers have been effectively removed.
Looking for something that your kids will like in temporary tattoos? Here are our ideas for smart tattoo designs for school kids. You can find them on Tattoosales.com.
- Marvel comic characters
- Disney characters