Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
With the holidays quickly approaching we are always wanting to have some sweet treats to enjoy. I am always searching for a new yummy recipe to try. One of my favorite things is chocolate and what is even better is chocolate with hazelnuts! I have not made this recipe yet but I wanted to share this with you so you can have a chance to make this. I will be making this recipe and sharing pictures real soon.
The star of these cookies is a brand-new dairy-free (and 100% vegan) organic chocolate hazelnut spread called Nocciolata Dairy Free. Now people that are lactose intolerant or have other problems associatef with dairy products can now enjoy.
Each batch of Nocciolata Dairy Free takes 36 hours of artisanal preparation, which combines top-quality hazelnuts, cocoa and cocoa butter, environmentally-responsible cold-pressed sunflower oil, natural vanilla extract, and raw cane sugar. It contains no palm oil (which is high in saturated fat and whose cultivation devastates the environment), hydrogenated fats, artificial colors, aromas or additives.
Makes about 10 large cookie sandwiches
1/2 cup walnut halves
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup plus 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer natural but you can use Dutch process)
large pinch salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
Jar of Nocciolata Dairy Free
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for two minutes. Add the almonds to the tray and bake for 3-4 minutes more until the nuts are fragrant and just barely golden. Transfer to a bowl to cool. When cool enough to handle, break the walnut halves unevenly into smaller pieces.
- Spread the coconut on the baking sheet and toast it for 3-4 minutes until slightly golden. Add it to the bowl of nuts.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add the walnut-almond-coconut mixture and the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Add the egg whites and stir just enough to moisten all the dry ingredients.
- Spoon about two tablespoons of batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving several inches between cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, turning the baking sheet once.
- Once cooled, spread Nocciolata Dairy Free chocolate hazelnut spread between two cookies and assemble the sandwiches.
To find Nocciolata in your area check out the store locator.