Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Over the years as a family we have enjoyed the WWE 2K series. My kids especially have enjoyed it and played every one. When we received the WWE 2K17 to check out we all were ecstatic and could not wait to try it. I allowed my daughters to try it out first and they were pleasantly surprised how much better this one is compared to last year. Do not get me wrong, they loved every series they have played however, they missed some of the aspects of the game that last year did not have. With that being said, 2K sure has made up this time around!
In the past MyCareer mode has allowed players to go from a WWE superstar to legend. In WWE 2K17 they have stepped it up a couple notches and brought in the most advanced and fascinating features of the game created.
Jump ahead to the main roster if you’re good enough
In past MyCareer iterations (and in real life), new WWE Superstars start off at the WWE Performance Center, debut on NXT, and work their way up to a spot on Raw or SmackDown. Now, if you prove your exceptional skills in the opening tutorial matches in NXT, head trainer Matt Bloom will offer to fast track you to the main roster. If you need work, he’ll recommend you remain in NXT and develop further.
Legend Paul Heyman will offer long term challenges such as holding a title for an in-game year with a promise to give a big payout. If you impress him enough you can become a Paul Heyman guy with his ringside manager skills.
WWE 2K17 feature highlights include:
- Extensive Roster: Featuring more than 135 playable WWE and NXT Superstars, including cover Superstar Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Andre the Giant, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, A.J. Styles, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Finn Bálor, Dean Ambrose, Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks and Samoa Joe, WWE 2K17delivers the largest roster in WWE games history;
- Bill Goldberg: Consumers who pre-ordered WWE 2K17 at any participating retailer will receive two playable characters of legendary WCW® and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas, at no extra cost;
- Gameplay Enhancements: Building on last year’s foundation, WWE 2K17 gives players greater control of the action, including the return of playable backstage and crowd areas. Primary gameplay enhancements include increased responsiveness, updated game systems like Ladders, Taunts and a new Secondary Submission System, as well as thousands of new animations;
- Creation Suite:WWE 2K17’s Creation Suite delivers greater control for players to customize, build and share their own unique WWE Superstars, Arenas, Entrances, Shows and more. New features include the full Highlight Replay system, which enables players to record video highlights from their matches and use the footage to design custom entrance videos in Create-a-Video and Create-a-Victory;
- MyCareer Mode: The franchise’s career-driven mode, now in its third year, lets players experience what it takes to become a WWE Superstar, including options to jump ahead to the main roster, become a “Paul Heyman Guy,” engage in deeper rivalries, earn more than one title, get merchandise royalties and more. In addition, they can take advantage of a brand new Promo Engine that enables players to put their speaking and charisma skills on display. A series of scripted options and a performance meter show how impactful chosen words resonate with the audience; the more intense the reaction, the better the rewards for a player, including boosted ratings, popularity and bank account;
- Universe Mode:WWE 2K17 introduces a new Show Presentation system and Promo Engine. These new features provide increased possibilities, including run-ins, as well as pre- and post-match attacks and the ability to express the thoughts and emotions of WWE Superstars. In addition, players will experience revamped Universe Mode cut scenes, including familiar and brand new scenarios.
- Downloadable Content and Season Pass: Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K17downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For a suggested price of $29.99, a savings of more than 15 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
- Accelerator: Access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable Section (excluding downloadable content); Ability to decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
- Future Stars Pack: Playable WWE and NXT Superstars Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger;
- Hall of Fame Showcase: Playable matches include Cactus Jack and Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael “PS” Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992); The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts and Michael “PS” Hayes) vs. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986); Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000); Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988); Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998); Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match); and Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. The Big Show (Armageddon 1999);
- Legends Pack: Playable WWE Legends Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Sycho Sid and Tatanka;
- New Moves Pack: Variety of new in-game moves, including the Swingout Neckbreaker (made popular by WWE Superstar Charlotte); the Elbro Drop (made popular by WWE Superstar Zack Ryder); the Face Wash Combo (made popular by NXT Superstar Samoa Joe; and the TJP Clutch (made popular by current WWE Cruiserweight Champion T.J. Perkins).
- Additional downloadable content available for purchase independent of the WWE 2K17 Season Pass includes the following items:
- MyPlayer Kick Start (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive): Players will gain access to unlock and boost created Superstar ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer Mode; players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer Mode;
- NXT Enhancement Pack (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive): Playable NXT Superstars Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura; players also earn a 50 percent boost in points while competing at NXT during MyCareer Mode;
- NXT Legacy Pack (PS3™ system and Xbox 360 Exclusive): Playable NXT Superstars Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura.
Overall, this game has by far exceeded my expectations. I do not think anyone could get bored with this game as there is so much you can do within the game. My kids have not stopped playing this game since we have received it. I am not as good as my kids are, but I am loving every aspect of the game. My favorite is the career mode as I always loved games with a story as it makes it more realistic. My kids love customizing their characters the most and playing in career mode. Check it out this holiday season as this would make any WWE fan happy.
- XBox One
- Ps 3
- Ps 4
- XBox 360