Summer is coming to an end for many and it may be time to start thinking ahead on what you need to do to prepare your vehicle for the winter months. Even though you may live in a state where it is primarily warm through the year, you may travel to a cooler state for vacation and some of these things you may want to do before hand.
- Check your battery- it is very important to check your battery for corrosion and wear. You do not want to be stranded with a dead battery.
- Lights and bulb checks- always check your lights to make sure it is not covered with grime on the outside. Cloudy lenses can make it hard to see the road efficiently.
- Tire check- I cannot stress enough how important this one is. You do not want to get in a wreck because your tires are worn down. Check the tread and make sure the sidewalls do not have cuts on them.
- Check brake pads
- Replace windshield wipers – change your blades to be able to handle ice and windshield washer fluid.
- Emergency kit- I think every vehicle should have one stocked with supplies such as flashlights, gloves, windex paper towels, bandaids, car charger, batteries, snacks and tools.
These are just some of the important things to do to get your vehicle winter ready. Go see the professionals at Mike Riehl’s Roseville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and they will be able to assist.